The recent Las Vegas sighting captured the imagination of the United States. I was actually invited to speak about it on KROCK’s Los Angeles Morning Show. It is intriguing as far as sightings go for a number of coincidences. A police officer’s body cam captured a green object shooting across the sky. At the same time, a ring doorbell captured an explosion and an entire neighborhood illuminating like daytime. Then the famous 911 call came in from a teenager representing his family that something crashed in their yard and 10 foot tall beings were seen. A cloaked object was landed in theur yard that paralyzed the teen witness and afterwards, a circular track was left about 20 feet in diameter by the cloaked object allegedly related to the 10 foot tall beings who were described by the teen as having bellys that he could see going in and out as if inhaling and expelling oxygen in a possibly distressed manner.
SO! What do we make of this at MUFON? Well, we have questions and we have doubts!
One of our field investigators who is also on our Photo Analysis Team named Seth Feinstein did a cursory analysis suggesting something unusual and alive may have been in the backyard as per a video we received. However, it was an altered video. We have now reached out to the Las Vegas news outlet to see if they can provide out Photo Analysis Team with a pristine raw video that would contain all pertinent metadata. which would alow MUFON to properly analyze the video.
Here are my concerns with this Las Vegas case:
1. The cop had a green bolide on his body cam passing overhead. The American Meteor Society had bolide sightings at the same time over Nevada and Utah. Maybe it was just a meteor after all.
2. The Ring doorbell camera showed the sky in the neighborhood illuminate with a loud explosion. This is typical of a bolide either creating a sonic boom or blowing up from the friction of hitting the atmosphere.
3. The family heard a crash. I believe it was the sonic boom or explosion of the bolide.
4. They claim they saw an 8-10 foot tall entity with his belly going in and out. Our photo analyst may have seen a possible grey in the footage. This is
diametrically opposed to what the teen allegedly witness saw. We only have 1 person in the family who saw an alleged entity. That’s not a strong case.
5. The craft supposedly had left a ring in their yard as a remnant of where it landed. However, it could have been tire tracks as they had forklifts etc in the yard. I don’t think there were footprints either reported by the family or the police. Why not?
6. The report did not leak out from the police for a month. The report occurred on May 1st but the world did not know about it for 4 weeks until it leaked out. So no soil samples. No EMS or Radiation readings. No photos of the ring that could have been there for months prior to the event. They claim they saw a cloaked vehicle that was invisible? How did they know it was a cloaked vehicle if they couldn’t see it? They saw what looked like a typical heat wave like what you see over a hot toaster. What was the temperature that night in Vegas? Could the toaster effect be a simple display of heat off an object or objects in their yards that night?
7. I believe the family was sincere but freaked in their 911 call so no hoax. They were even claiming footsteps on the roof. Nothing but paranois suggests this. They were panicked possibly by the bolide lighting up the neighborhood and causing an explosion. Sometimes panicked people see things that they misinterpret. Did the spacecraft take off silently? When did the toaster effect end? How long after the toaster effect ended did they hear footsteps on the roof or was it before the toaster effect ended. So many questions. It’s a really cool report but unless there is more physical evidence collected by someone, the videos of a bolide and the photo of the ring in the yard are not enough evidence. You definitely need other photo analysts backing you up on this before you publish.
We at MUFON are reaching out to newscaster George Knapp in an effort to retrieve a pristine raw video to analyze. If we get it, we will advise you all of our analysis!